Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Review: I Heart IKEA

We discovered an IKEA store here in Switzerland and although I had heard of IKEA before moving here, I had never been inside one. But now that I have experienced this international gem...I can't say enough about it!

For those who may not be familiar with IKEA it is an international home products company that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture, appliances and home accessories. As of 2010, the chain has 313 stores in 38 countries, most of them in Europe. The first IKEA store was opened in Sweden in 1958. The first store to open outside of Sweden was actually in Switzerland in 1973. IKEA didn't come to the United States until 1985. You can check out the IKEA WEBSITE and use the store locator to search for a store near you.

We have made two trips to the Swiss store in the last week because the prices are phenomenal and the quality and style of their furniture and home goods are just too good to pass up! Because rent and everyday expenses here in Switzerland are much higher than in the United States, Jared and I have been getting by with nearly nothing. But the prices at IKEA allowed us to get some home items that otherwise we would have continued to be without.

The store itself is HUGE! There are seemingly endless selections for every room in your house or apartment. Mama Bear and I love to decorate so we were like little kids in a candy store! I love all of the organizing items that IKEA offers. I'm definitely one of those people who could use a little help staying organized! Most of the items we bought were kitchen tools and dishes but we also found miscellaneous furniture like a tall shelving unit for towels, a coat rack and a small table and chairs for extra seating. One of my favourite purchases would have to be this multi-purpose organizer that I use for my collection of scarves! It can be used for ties, belts or whatever else you can think of, but I have a lot of scarves so it works perfect for organizing all of them!


If you have an IKEA near you I definitely recommend you check it out! You will be amazed what you can find there!

No comments:

Post a Comment