Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Review: Zurich Christmas Market

My parents arrived here in Switzerland on Sunday afternoon and after a quick cat nap we headed off to enjoy the world famous Christmas Market in Zurich, Switzerland. My mom and I have been planning this for months and we were not at all disappointed! It was magical!

At the center of the Zurich train station there are endless booths with gourmet chocolates and traditional foods to enjoy along with countless more crafts, clothing and souveniers to choose from. I found a very fun and girly handmade scarf that had adorable ruffle detailing for only $15.00. We enjoyed a warm street pretzel,  lots of Swiss chocolates and countless yummy smells from other foods like crepes, roasted chestnuts and fresh breads.

By far, the most spectacular part of the whole experience was the 50-foot tall Swarovski Crystal Christmas Tree. It was literally dripping with crystals and sparkled brighter than anything I have ever seen in my life! Definitely a memorable experience and one that I recommend to anyone who has the opportunity to visit Zurich at Christmas time. Here are a few shots I took of the tree and the Christmas Market.



No comments:

Post a Comment