Monday, March 21, 2011

Legacy of Love

With the recent loss of my Grandpa I am reminded that we are on this earth for such a brief time. And the truth is, it is not about "who you know" but how you love. It's not about what you have but what you give. It's not about me or you it's about something bigger than us. It's about Jesus Christ who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that you and I may live not only today but forever. What matters most in this life is the relationships we build and the love we share. It's so easy to get distracted but we need to keep our focus on eternity and remember that our lives are to reflect gratitude towards our loving Saviour. We should leave behind a legacy of love inspired by the Creator of love.
  
Here is a photo slideshow I created of my Grandpa and my family as a tribute to his life and the lives he touched along the way. The process of putting this together helped me so much in my grieving. It helped me to reflect on my own life while honoring the life of my Grandpa. Being overseas I will not be able to attend the memorial service but this was my way of being there in a way...it has brought me much peace in that respect. And as you listen to the words of the songs I included you will better understand how they brought much comfort during this difficult time. "we can grieve with hope....we can say goodbye with hope...." I'm so thankful for the hope that is within Jesus Christ. With the gift of salvation we will be reunited in Heaven.

     

Songs in order: 
To Where You Are by Josh Groban
You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins
With Hope by Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment