Friday, April 8, 2011

The State We're In

Jared and I just returned from a housewarming party for our friends Julia and Morgan. They have officially moved in and settled into their new apartment in Lausanne and we couldn't be more thrilled for them! Swiss housing is such a daunting task and we were happy to be able to celebrate their victory in this battle! :)

Upon returning home I had hoped to read some good news about the current crisis happening back in America. It is maddening that we are at the place we are today. We have put so much support into a corrupt organization, like Planned Parenthood, that makes its living off of killing children and hurting women, that lies, breaks the law and takes our tax dollars to carry out these atrocities that we are willing to shut down the government and force thousands of families, particularly families who sacrifice SO much for our country, to worry whether or not they will be able to make ends meet. Really? Despite the fact that the MAJORITY of Americans DO NOT want our tax payer dollars funding abortion. It is clear that our current government "leaders" have stopped listening to the American people and are trying to carry out their own agendas against our will and don't care who they effect in the process.

I am equally appalled that there has not been any information given out to the public of where we can donate to these families facing furlough. The government acknowledges that a shutdown is very possible yet they have given no resources to where these families can seek aid in case of this crisis. Some of my dear friends have great support systems they can rely on in the worst case scenario but what about those families who don't have anyone or anything to fall back on? I personally would like to be able to help these families and I know many others who would too but there has been no clear answer on how to best go about doing that!

I am frustrated, at best by all of this. And I know I am not the only one. It is completely irresponsible of these government officials. But what we as Americans need to do right now is to try and step up and take care of each other. If there is someone in need....help them...they could be your friend, your neighbor or a complete stranger but do whatever it is you can to make sure they are taken care of. I am still on the search for the best way to make a generous donation for families who may potentially lose their jobs if there is a government shut down and I will be sure to update with that information as soon as I know more!

We must also never underestimate the power of prayer. Pray for these families, pray for our leaders, pray for resolve. God is bigger than any problem we face. And God Himself tells us that:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Our land desperately needs healing and God is the only healer! We must pray and we must seek Him first.

No comments:

Post a Comment