Friday, May 20, 2011

We Can't Afford To Get It Wrong

While I think all of these recent end of the world or "Doomsday" predictions are bogus, I do, however, believe that all of us have an eternal destiny. The fact is, for any of us, tomorrow could very well be our final day here on earth. We are not guaranteed even the next moment. But for those who put their faith in Jesus Christ, that is not a scary thought because it simply means we will be reunited with our Lord and Saviour. We can have peace about our eternity because our hope is in Him. My heart remains burdened for those without His peace.

There is a lot of propaganda out there which can often make it hard to filter through and find the truth. But having certainty and a clear understanding of our future should be something worth pursuing because it's something we can't afford to get wrong.

Author, Francis Chan, offers compelling insight into many of the questions we ask ourselves about the heavier things concerning God, life and eternity in the following short video. I've read his other book entitled Crazy Love and look forward to reading his new book when it becomes available in July. Until then, we should all actively engage in our own judicious pursuit of: "what exactly does our eternal future hold?" I can't think of a more important question than that. It's a question in desperate need of truth and understanding. (Galatians 1:12 , 1 Corinthians 2:12, Romans 15:4)  

I encourage everyone who thinks that they already know the answer, to take a second look, a deeper look, because you want to be absolutely certain, not just convinced, that you haven't overlooked any of the evidence and that what you believe to be true is in fact true, not just speculation. I say this because I myself had overlooked much of the evidence and now see how those missing elements make a huge difference.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not claiming to be some "higher thinker"...I'm just sharing the knowledge that has been revealed to me through my pursuit of truth and I simply want the best future for everyone. I have no personal gain in whether or not you choose to follow Christ other than the humble joy of knowing we can appreciate Heaven together one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment