Monday, July 25, 2011

Brooke Fraser

Jared and I have the opportunity to go to Ireland this October and if that wasn't exciting enough we recently purchased tickets to see one of my favourite musicians while we are there. I started doing some searching of things to do while we are there and discovered that Brooke Fraser will be in Dublin that same week! I've adored her music for years but never had an opportunity to see her live. It will be an extra treat to an already sweet trip!

Not only is Brooke a talented singer/songwriter but she has huge heart for people. She has been an Ambassador for charities like World Vision, Opportunity International as well as independently travels to underdeveloped countries to share her talents and offer hope to those in need. I admire her in so many ways and I'm thrilled to finally get to see and hear her perform live.

For those who are not familiar with her I wanted to share a few videos. The first is an interview from her sophomore album that gives you a bit more background about her music, her outreach efforts and her personal life. I think if you haven't fallen in love with her already, you will after this video.



Now I'd like to share with you some of her songs. This first one is the music video for the song Albertine that was mentioned in the above video and was the title for her sophomore album.



This next one is probably my favourite from her. Love the lyrics.


The following song is off of her newly released album and reminds me somewhat of Sara Barielles. This one and her song "Something In The Water" are two of my favourite songs off her new album.


Hope you enjoy her as much as I do. I'll be sure to share my live experience of her music after the show in October. I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment