Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

I think I am more sentimental about America's Independence Day this year than I ever have been. Living outside the country may have something to do with it. I realize now more than ever that America truly is the greatest country on earth. Americans have so many freedoms that we take for granted everyday. Sure, America has it's flaws just like every other country, but having lived in two other countries in my lifetime (Brazil, SA and Switzerland) and visiting over 15 other countries, I can tell you that the America I grew up in is the America I'm proud to call home.

I'm missing my family more than usual right now because this is definitely a time where I would usually be surrounded by my family. So, do me a favor, don't take these moments for granted. Hug your loved ones a little longer for me, tell them how much you love and appreciate them, don't waste a second of your time together. Celebrate freedom and family today, and everyday! Have fun, stay safe and be thankful! Happy Independence Day!

Jared and I are planning to celebrate with our American friends here in Switzerland by going to an American style restaurant that offers grilled burgers, BBQ, etc. It will be our way of having a little taste of home for the holiday. :)

And now, I'll leave you with a few patriotic/festive videos....



11-year-old girl singing the National Anthem. Gives me chill bumps.



Military Dad homecoming surprises his kids! SO sweet!



Comedian Jim Gaffigan pokes fun at our 4th of July traditions!
Too funny!



Cute patriotic nail tutorial.



And last but not least...what would the 4th of July be without fireworks?

Happy Birthday America! God bless the U.S.A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment