Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One Year As An Expat

Today marks one year since we moved here to Switzerland. It's been a year full of blessings & challenges, trials & triumphs, ups & downs, smiles and tears....overall I can look back on this year and be extremely thankful. We could not have come this far without the love and support from our God, our family and our dear friends. There were several fragile days within the year that those relationships gave us the strength and inspiration we needed to keep ourselves from cracking. You were also there to share in our joys and exciting times. Thank you for every prayer, every word of encouragement, every laugh, every moment that you shared with us. You all rock! I'm happy to say that this time next year we will be back HOME with our loved ones. Until then....we will enjoy the NOW!

....Starting with a trip to IRELAND!! :) Next week Jared has a chemistry conference to attend in Dublin, Ireland so I am tagging along and we're adding on a few extra days to our trip so that we can try to see a bit of the countryside while we're there. This is Jared's first time to Ireland so I'm excited to spend a few days in my favourite country with my favourite person! :) We'll be there just short of a week but I have some fun things planned for us to do in those few days. I think we're both equally excited about being in an English-speaking country for a few days and having a break from communication challenges. We've also rented a car which will be a luxury since we have gone without a car for the last year. It will be a much needed and much appreciated mini-vacation for us. Both of my previous visits to Ireland were in the spring and summer so I'm anxious to see what it's like in the fall. You know me...I'll be armed with a camera so I will likely share photos and stories when we get back.

All my Covered Bridge Festival faithfuls...I'm looking forward to joining you again around this time next year! Have fun and eat lots of yummy fair food for me! :)

Ciao for now!

1 comment: