Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Mental Vitamin Mondays" - Mi Familia

"The love of a family is life's greatest blessing."

Family is not only a huge part of my life, they are at the center of my life. When I'm with my family, I am at my happiest and when I cannot be with them, I am missing them and also remembering happy times together. They strengthen me, encourage me, inspire me and I can never seem to get enough time with them. This upcoming move to Switzerland is going to be tough in that respect. I know I will have homesick days but thankfully with today's technology we will be able to connect in ways we would not have thought possible a few years ago - like Skype - a type of video correspondence.

Family is on my mind today more than usual because my Mom came to visit me today from Indiana. I love it when I get to spend the whole day with my Mom. She truly is my best friend. We always have such a good time when we get together! So much laughter and smiles are shared between us! We went on a shopping "mission" for something to wear to our family photoshoot this weekend. When we first learned that we were moving overseas I immediately thought about getting family photos taken before our departure. I knew that so much would change and happen in the next two years ahead and I wanted to capture these moments before they are gone. We haven't had a professional family photo taken of all of us....ever. At our wedding, but Elliott was not born yet and it was a formal event...this will be more us...casual and fun.

My friends and monumentally talented photographers, Brandon & Katie of Bungalow Photography will be taking the photos. Needless to say...they are guaranteed to be AWESOME!! If you have not checked out their work....you should. Seriously. Do yourself a favor and check out their fantastic photos! I'll definitely blog about the experience and share the photos with you once we receive them. I am beyond excited! 

To my family: I love you more than I could ever put into words. Thanks for being awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment