Thursday, June 3, 2010

'Things I Love Thursdays' - Photography

"If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up." -Richard Avedon

For those who know me well, my love for photography is no secret! When I picked up my first camera as a child, it was like love at first flash! :) And now, years later, I can't seem to get enough of it. I've always had a love for the art of photography but my first professional/paid photo shoot was in 2005. I still can't believe I get paid to do what I love...how many people can say that? The idea that I can capture moments in time and freeze frame them to cherish  for a lifetime never ceases to amaze me. Meeting new people and sharing a little sliver of their joy with them is what makes my job as a photographer feel less like a job and more like a fulfilling adventure! I get to see people at their happiest and capture those happy moments so they can share them with generations to come. How fantastic is that? I feel truly blessed to be doing what I love. Check out my website: www.behindalens.com and you can also follow the link from there to my photo blog where I post my latest client and personal photo updates.

Along with my love of photography, I also have a love for vintage cameras and other artwork or handmade items that are photography related. I enjoy collecting things that reflect my passion for the art. Below are just a few images from various artists who share my love for photography. I labeled each image with the link to check out more work by the particular artist. Etsy.com and Flickr.com are great places to find talented people's work. I recommend you check out those sites if you haven't already! A few of these have inspired me to extend my creative side and start crafting! :) I'll be sure to share any creations I make here with you.




        1. carlos_lorenzo

             2. ellemoss.etsy.com

               3. japonicas.etsy.com

      4. style-files.com

            5. plushism.etsy.com

                      6. brookeanndove.etsy.com

             8. FiveSisterz.etsy.com

               9. dillondesigns.etsy.com

I also want to give a shout out to a few of the photographers that I really admire, who inspire me, and who I call friends. Click on their names to check out their talent for yourself! There are so many wonderful, and talented photographers out there but I narrowed it down to these fabulous folks. (in no particular order)


Thank you. You rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment