Monday, June 7, 2010

'Mental Vitamin Mondays': Trust. Believe. Soar.

An eagle's wingspan is so large and so heavy that it can only bear to flap its wings a few times before becoming tired and weak, so they have to rely on soaring through the air on the faith that they won't fall to their death. In other words, they put all their trust in the idea that they are so wonderfully made that when they spread their wings, with faith, they will soar with grace in the perfect way that God intended.

"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

trust. believe. and soar.


When the idea of moving to Switzerland was first introduced to me. I must admit...I was scared to death. I have lived in a foreign country before,(I lived in Brazil for about a year) where there was a language barrier and a different culture and way of life. It was tough. And all of those struggles and trials resurfaced in my mind. My initial response was "Can I really do this?" I prayed about it and God revealed to me not only that this was His will for my life, for our life, but that He would take care of us and be with us every step of the way. As we get closer to really taking that leap of faith and moving, those anxious feelings and inner fears resurface from time to time. But I am always brought back to center and find peace when I read, understand and trust God's word. This verse in Isaiah and the connection with the soaring eagle really helped calm and restore my spirit this week. My hope is that it does the same for you.

I now also have "Fly Like An Eagle" by the Steve Miller Band in my head! :)  Here's a video of the song so you can enjoy it too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment