Monday, July 5, 2010

'Mental Vitamin Mondays': The Fire Within

"If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up." -Richard Avedon

This quote sums up my life. My days are filled with all things photography. I always have a camera with me and am always taking pictures, I'm all the time thinking "that would make for a great shot" or I'm at the very least, admiring other photographer's photos or reading about the art and business of photography and how to improve my skills. My hubby could confirm that I am always somehow indulged in photography.  It's more than a hobby, it's more than an addiction, it's a passion. I cannot seem to get enough of it. I can get completely lost in the art and often find myself losing track of time because I am so enraptured in photography.

The downside to being so passionate about photography is that I can be my own toughest critic. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and also my own worst enemy. I know where I want to be as a photographer and I'm not there yet. I've come a long way considering I'm self-taught but I believe I have more to learn before I a can say I am completely confident. I'm having fun on my photographic journey though!


The important thing is I love what I do. I couldn't be happier when I am behind a lens! :)


I definitely encourage you to find something that sparks a fire within you. Discover your creative side and explore it to the fullest! Do what you love and love every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment