Thursday, July 29, 2010

Things I Love Thursdays: Latin Dancing!

 I love Latin Dancing! My first Salsa Dancing lesson came from my Cuban Grandfather when I was only 10 years old. I have always been proud of my Cuban-Puerto Rican heritage and so my love for Latin Dance seemed to come naturally. Whenever I hear Latin Music I have to dance...HAVE TO...it's intrinsic! There is so much passion and soul in Latin Culture, especially in their music and dance. And I love it all! Bachata, Salsa, Merengue....you name it, I love it! Jared and I took a few salsa lessons together and really enjoyed learning different moves. He got a lot of husbands in trouble by dancing with me. Not every husband is willing to give it a try. But let me tell you...it is SO much fun and it's a great activity that you both can do together. I know it brought us closer and Jared may not enjoy it as much as I do, but he certainly does enjoy dancing!

Here are just a couple of  my favourite Latin Dance performances that showcase a few different styles. (Yes, I have danced all of these styles before...not nearly as good though!!)

BACHATA




SALSA




MERENGUE ;)



TANGO



CHA CHA



SAMBA



CUMBIA



RUEDA




MAMBO



I hope you are inspired to get out there and start dancing! You don't need a partner to dance, just let your inner Latin out and have fun! :)

1. onlinesalsa
2. JacquiFaye
3. supernaturalflowers
4. lovelyish
5. onlinesalsa
6. flamencodiva

No comments:

Post a Comment