Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review Tuesday: The Covered Bridge Festival

 The Covered Bridge Festival is Indiana's largest festival and always starts on the 2nd Friday in October. It is nationally known and attracts people from all over the country. You can enjoy visiting 9 communities throughout the county with a wide array of shopping and a variety of food that is sure to please everyone.

There are countless crafters and vendors that offer a variety of unique items as well as delicious food. They are open daily from 9am to 6pm. This year's Covered Bridge Festival is October 8th-17th. 2010 marks the 54th year of the festival.

Going to the Bridgeton Covered Bridge Festival has been a tradition for me and my family for years. I always go at least once with my Mom and we have to enjoy a funnel cake before we leave! It's a must! Some other things I look forward to each year at the festival are finding unique Christmas gifts, people watching, handmade quilts (they satisfy the old lady in me) and in recent years, Jared and I have discovered a vendor that makes the greatest pizza! There is so much to do and see there! It's something fun to look forward to each year. So if you haven't been to the festival before, then you should make an effort to check it out this year!

This will be the first year I will be unable to go because we will be living in Switzerland. But this year, we have been talking about possibly going to the world famous German Christmas Market known as the Christkindlesmarkt. The Nuremberg Christmas Market will be happening from Nov. 26th – Dec. 24th 2010. It sounds like a remarkable event that I definitely want to experience. I will be sure to share the details with you if we end up going!

No comments:

Post a Comment