Thursday, September 2, 2010

Things I Love: Nail Polish

Like most girls, I enjoy getting pampered every once in awhile. My mom and I like to get our nails done together sometimes and I like to try different colors and designs. I tend to get a little more bold and creative on my toe nails as far as designs go and stick to more simple solid colors for my finger nails. I definitely love to try different colors. Many nail polish brands have fun and cute names which is not only creative but great for remembering which polish you like for in the future.

Some of my favourites are:
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Steel Grey and Violet Metal
Steel Grey is a very sophisticated taupe shade that I love to wear on my finger nails.
Violet Metal is a fun purple metallic shade that is great for toes





  • Essie in Lovie Dovie and Mesmerize
Lovie Dovie is not only an adorable name for this nail polish but it is the perfect shade of girly pink.
Blue is my favourite color and I LOVE this dark blue shade from Essie. I really like how smooth this brand goes on with one coat and it has a great shine!












  • Chanel in Nouvelle Vague and Riviera
Nouvelle Vague is a GORGEOUS shade. It is a classic Tiffany Blue.
Every girl needs a good hot pink nail polish. Riviera is my favourite.











  • OPI in Jade is the New Black and Banana Bandanna
This is a great Jade shade but it comes off much richer and more gorgeous in person. This photo doesn't do it justice.
I love this bright yellow polish. It's so bright and cheerful. Definitely a fun color for summer!











  •  China Glaze in Short & Sassy and Ruby Pumps
Short & Sassy is a very rich deep maroon shade with a hint of sparkle.
Ruby Pumps is obviously inspired by Dorthy's red slippers from the Wizard of Oz and is fun to wear on your toes!












Here are a few fun nail art designs from other nail polish fans. (the pandas are my favourite...go figure!)
























1. polishondigitalpaper
2. cnd
3. chibiaiboutique
4. thevine
5. lelalobo
6. nitrolicious
7. tartofraises

    No comments:

    Post a Comment