Friday, November 19, 2010

Feature: Holiday Wish List

Christmas is only about a month away and I don't know about you, but I like to do my holiday shopping early! I typically shop throughout the year and set aside gifts as I find them. I've been known to buy Christmas presents as early as June. The ideal part about shopping early is 1. you can find great deals during the off season, 2. less financial stress when December rolls around 3. you don't have to fight the crowds at the mall! Don't get me wrong...I'm usually one of the crazy people at the After Thanksgiving Sale aka: "Black Friday" but if I can avoid it by getting my shopping done beforehand, I will!

Some people are harder to buy for though so I always seem to have at
 least one last minute gift but shopping for these people could be much easier if they made an online wish list! Lots of websites have this option now. It's basically like a gift registry. You go to your favourite store(s) and find items you like then click the "add to my wish list" button. Then when someone asks "what would you like for Christmas?", you can direct them to your wish list and they'll know exactly what you have your eyes on! :)  *note: not all websites offer wish list options

I suggest filling out a wish list on Amazon.com because they have just about everything you can imagine offering a variety of options for people to choose from when shopping and it's a website most people are familiar with. I would also add a few of your own personal favourite stores that you frequently shop at. Those who are shopping for you can go to these websites where you are "registered", type in your name or email address and easily find your wish list. It's a good idea to be registered at several different locations with various price ranges because you will most likely not get everything you like or want but it gives shoppers a wide range of options to choose from.

It's fun to do online shopping. You avoid long lines and crazy shoppers and can have items shipped directly to your door. Less stress, less hassle. There are often online discounts and promos you can take advantage of too.

I'm already getting my Christmas wish. My parents are going to be here for the holidays and I'm beyond excited!! I never expect to receive gifts from anyone, for me, that is not what Christmas is about. But I still had fun filling out online wish lists anyway. It's like faux shopping...which is the next best thing to real shopping! :) Now if only international shipping were free....

Here are a few places I am registered:

Amazon.com

Etsy.com

Forever21.com

Target.com

Express.com

What's on your Christmas list this year? Share your wish lists below!

No comments:

Post a Comment