Thursday, November 18, 2010

Things I Love: Ice Cream

My very first job was at Baskin Robbins ice cream parlor when I was sixteen and not only did I enjoy working with all my friends (literally, I worked with all my closest friends) but I enjoyed sampling all the new flavors and eating ice cream....like it was my job! :) I didn't just enjoy eating the ice cream though, I also loved making fresh waffle cones. The smell should be bottled as perfume! I liked decorating the ice cream cakes as well. I got pretty good at making flowers with the icing.

But I don't just love ice cream because it is delicious, I also have so many sweet (pun intended) memories associated with it. These are a few of them....

Working in an ice cream shop with all of my best friends in high school definitely made for some great memories...work is always better when you are surrounded by people you would love to be with outside of work too. I also made some new and life long friends while working there....yes, I'm talking specifically about you J! - Favourite customer turned friend hands down! :)

Ice cream dates...there is something so adorably romantic about sharing an ice cream cone with your sweetheart. Jared and I have been on many ice cream dates together.

The ice cream man....I remember summer's at my grandpa's in Florida and getting so excited when we heard that musical truck coming down the street. I always got the ice cream bar shaped like a ninja turtle with bubble gum eyes.(You didn't know my love for ninja turtles was so deep, did you?)

Family nights...when I was young my parents would take my brother and I to a little ice cream stand just down the road from us. It was a sweet treat we all enjoyed together often. Once I got older I loved taking my nephews to this same ice cream shop. Shout out to Terre Haute's Green Acres! :)

Birthdays...after working at Baskin Robbins and discovering their dangerously good Turtle Pie, I requested it as my birthday cake nearly every year. It was a cookie crumb crust, praline and cream ice cream and topped with caramel sauce and whipped cream. I had a lot of sweet birthdays! :)
Ice cream makes people happy. At least in my experience. So I believe that when you're in the company of someone you love and you are enjoying your favourite ice cream....life is just about as good as it gets! :)

Here are some of my favourite ice cream treats:

Pralines and Cream in a waffle cone











  
PiƱa Colada Ice Cream












Reese's Cup Blizzard












Pumpkin Ice Cream









Mint Chocolate Chip Shake












Baskin Robbins Cappuccino Blast












White Chocolate FrozenYogurt with Gummy Bears
(to satisfy the 8-year-old in me)










What are your favourite ice cream treats/memories? I'd love to hear them. Leave a comment below!

(all images are from google search)

No comments:

Post a Comment