Thursday, November 4, 2010

Things I Love: Sci-Fi

For the past week or so I have been watching a lot of science fiction films. When I was a little girl, some of my fondest memories of my dad are the days when I would curl up on his lap or next to him on the couch and we would watch sci-fi movies together. He introduced me to all the greats and I still have a huge love for science fiction films to this day. I remember not long after Jared and I were married, he thanked my dad for sharing his love of sci-fi with me because Jared too is a big fan and it is one more thing we can enjoy together. :) Even now, if a good sci-fi film comes out I always try and go with my dad.

Here are a few of my favourite sci-fi films of all time.

10. Enemy Mine - this was one of my favourites to watch with my dad. I was fascinated by "Jerry".


9. Men In Black - cheesey yet entertaining


8. E.T. - I remember crying as a child when E.T. became sick and turned white. I also remember dressing up my childhood dog, who was a pug, in a sheet and pretending she was E.T. :)


7.  Inception - mind blowing awesome!


6. Equilibrium - incredible futuristic storyline with outstanding direction from Kurt Wimmer


5.  Time Bandits - midgets, time travel and famous faces - including a few from Monty Python...can't go wrong with that! :)
 
4. Predator - I was probably eight when I watched the first Predator film with my dad and I remember him saying "Now remember, this isn't real, and your mom would not be happy if she knew I was letting you watch this so keep that in mind" HaHa! Love you Papa!


3. Back to the Future - Marty McFly owns time travel!


2. Star Wars - I prefer the original films and my favourite of those is Return of the Jedi


1. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - hands down, favourite sci-fi film of all time - the author of the book, Douglas Adams, is brilliant!


It was hard to narrow my list down to just ten so here are a few honorable mentions: District 9, Iron Giant, Spaceballs, Donnie Darko, The Thing, Avatar, Surrogates, Cloverfield, Pandorum, Jurassic Park

No comments:

Post a Comment