Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 FAVOURITES (Part One) - Beauty & Fashion

There have been so many things that I enjoyed in 2010. So many that I can't fit them all into one blog post...well I could...but it would be entirely too long! Instead, I am going to break down my 2010 favourites list into five parts: 1.) Beauty and Fashion Favourites 2.) Favourite Music Albums 3.) Favourite Films 4.) Favourite Books 5.) Favourite Moments

I'll be starting off with my 2010 Beauty and Fashion Favourites so that if you see something you like you have a better chance of finding it in store or online.


1. L'Oreal Go 360° Clean Deep Clean Cleanser

I discovered this face cleanser early on in the year and it is my holy grail of beauty products! I have very sensitive skin in that I am allergic to certain face products and my face will break out into a rash if something too harsh touches my face (like my husbands beard stubble) but I don't break out in blemishes very often. Typically I only get one or two pimples a month sometimes I can go a month without getting blemishes at all, which compared to some is pretty good, but I have been using this product consistently since early spring and I have only had two pimples all year! Yes, that's right...two pimples ALL year and I swear it is because of this cleanser! I use it every day - once a day - and I am so happy with the results it has given me! I can't guarantee it will work for you because all skin types are different but if it works as good as it has for me then I think you'll fall in love with it too! It's affordable, it lasts a long time and it's good for sensitive skin (like mine). I get the pink bottle because I have more dry skin so the formula works best for my skin type. Jared uses the green bottle and he too has had great results with it.

2. DKNY Havana Frame Glasses Lens Crafters
These frames fit my face well and because Lens Crafters was having a sale when I bought them, I got them for cheaper than the retail price.

3. Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume
For those who know me well you know that my favourite perfume of all time is Breathless by Victoria Secret. But this year I discovered Daisy by Marc Jacobs and I absolutely love it! The bottle is adorable, the scent is youthful yet sophisticated, fresh and feminine and just an all-around nice light scent. I have actually only smelled it at the perfume counter and don't actually own it, but I would like to. *hint hint* ;)

4. Louis Vuitton White Multicolor Handbag
 I happened to stumble upon this gem on eBay and quickly snatched it up. Actually, it was a closed auction and I was able to outbid the other lady by only $1.00!! I was so excited when I found out it was mine! Unfortunately it's really hard to purchase this handbag because it is extremely rare and hard to find but don't let that stop you from searching! I love that it is the white multicolor because it can go with just about any outfit and the bow makes it extra feminine and SO cute. It is definitely my new favourite purse! :)

5. Essie Nail Polish in the shade Forever Young
Red nail polish is classic and classy. This Essie nail polish is a nice tango red shade. It looks great on both finger nails and toes. It was one of my go-to nail polishes of 2010.

6. Rimmel Moisture Renewal Lipstick in the shade Vintage Pink
I am not a huge fan of lipstick. I prefer lipgloss. But this lipstick doesn't feel sticky or dry like other lipsticks I've tried. It's very smooth and moistuizing and feels like more of a lipgloss or chapstick on your lips than actual lipstick. This shade is a very subtle pink shade that would look good on most skin tones. You can find this product at your local drugstore.

7. Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara in Black
Non-clumping, non-flaking, volumizing and lengthening mascara. What more could you ask for in a mascara?

8. Pink Burberry Scarf
I have been wanting a pink Burberry Scarf for a very long time. I found mine in one of the many Swiss shops during Christmas and was so excited to add it to my ever-growing scarf collection. It's so girly and cute!

9. Hello Kitty iPhone Case
This was another eBay find! (My Mom and I are addicts!) I'm pretty sure this iPhone case was only $3.00 plus shipping. I'm a big Hello Kitty fan so when I got my new phone I instantly went on the hunt for the perfect Hello Kitty case. I love that this is a mobile phone case and Hello Kitty has a rotary phone. So cute!

10. Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition
My favourite Disney movie of all time was re-released this year and Jared got it for me for our three year wedding anniversary! Not really a beauty product...but Beauty is in the title so it counts right? ;)

11. Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Shampoo
I don't care if this is a "dandruff shampoo" it smells AMAZING! I have my sister-in-law, Jess, to thank for this discovery! Every time I gave her a hug I could smell her hair and it always smelled so good. I asked her what hair product she used to get her hair to smell so good and couldn't believe it was the drugstore brand Head and Shoulders. I ran out and bought some and it's been on my favourites list since summer! My hair still has the freshly shampooed scent ALL day. I love that it is long-lasting because other shampoos I have tried the scent wears off in just a few hours. I love smelling my hair after I use this shampoo! :)

12. Colin Stuart Riding Boots
I had my eyes on these boots for months and Mama Bear got them for me as a Christmas gift this year. They are not the best at keeping your feet warm in snow, but they are too cute for me to care! :) If you layer up socks you will be able to better fight the cold feet. I got my pair in the color caramel and I absolutely love them! They are pretty comfortable. I wore them walking around the streets of Switzerland all day and they didn't hurt my feet! These boots will be great in spring and summer too with sundresses because they are lightweight so I love that they are versatile.

My favourite trend of 2010 definitely has to be bows. Bows on handbags, bow jewelry, bow hair accessories, clothing with bow detail. I definitely fell in love with bows this year and bought a lot of things that were adorned with them. They are just so feminine and classic and I can't seem to get enough of them! :)

Hope you enjoyed the first installment of my 2010 favourites. Be sure to check back for the sequels of this series! :) Have a fun and SAFE New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment