Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 Year in Review

This is the final week of 2010 and I cannot believe how fast the year has flown by! So many major changes have happened in the past 12 months. So as a fun way to wrap up the year I thought I'd fill out a year in review survey and take a brief look back at some of the things that happened in my life throughout 2010.


At any point in 2010, did you...

1. Go to a party? A few.
2. Try something new? short hair.
3. Has something changed your life? everyday
4. Kiss someone? I don't like to go a day without a kiss from my husband
5. Tell your family and friends you love them? as often as I can
6. Buy something extravagant? a plane ticket
7. Do something nice for you? a pedicure
8. Do something terribly wrong? I'm certain of it...I never claim to be perfect
9. Move? Yes, from the United States to Switzerland and I'm still pinching myself!
10. Go to a concert? Jónsi in Chicago...it was incredible!

Best of the year:

1. Party: Elliott's 1st birthday party
2. Show: Jónsi
3. CD: I have to pick just one?
4. Movie: Inception
5. Song: I can think of a CDs worth
6. Experience: This move to Switzerland has taught me so much about myself, about life and about the people around me
7. Concert: Jónsi without a doubt
8. Book: The Case For A Creator by Lee Strobel
9. Month: December
10. Day:  Every day spent with family

Hopes for 2011:

1. Predict something that you think will happen in 2011? so many exciting things!
2. What do you hope changes about your country? That we will be motivated by love, not fear.
3. What do you hope for yourself? To make a positive difference in this world somehow
4. What do you hope for your family? Continual blessings.
5. What do you hope for your best friends? No matter how far apart we are in miles that we continue to stay in touch
6. Do you think any amazing medical advances will be made? there's hope
7. What are your biggest wishes for 2011?  to be a better friend, sister, daughter, wife, and overall person...

Five things that 2010 taught me:

1. God's timing is absolutely perfect
2. My husband continues to teach me how to love selflessly and to not take myself too seriously
3. Humility is the right attitude towards greatness
4. Life is 10% the situation you are given & 90% of how you react to it
5. A little bit of faith goes a long way

Five personally significant events of 2010:

1. Moving to Switzerland in October
2. My husband graduated with his PhD in chemistry
3. Losing our irreplaceable cat, Mac to PKD
4. Adopting our cat, Monty the sweetie
5. Spending Christmas with my parents in Switzerland

Five things I want to do in 2011:

1. Be able to have a decent conversation in French
2. See my family as much as possible
3. Take an unfathomable amount of pictures
4. Love more like Christ
5.Stay healthy and happy

Five things I don't want to do in 2011:

1. Lose touch
2. Lose my mind!
3. Miss out on life
4. Take anything or anyone for granted
5. Be indifferent

I hope that you all had a year full of blessings and that 2011 is filled with lots of love and happiness!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment