Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Highlights

My parents have been here with us in Switzerland for a little over two weeks but today they head back to the United States. A part of me wanted to cry because, of course, I wish they could stay longer and I don't know when we will see them again but we had so much fun and enjoyed so much during their time here that my tears would not be justified. The fact that they were able to be here at all was such a blessing! We had amazing weather, we were able to do some great sight seeing and enjoyed countless hours of laughter and smiles. I'm thankful to have such a close and loving relationship with my parents. I know not everyone can say that so I am beyond blessed to have them in my life.

I'm going to try and put together a brief video/slideshow of the past two weeks and post that in a future blog. But in the meantime, here are just a few of the highlights from their visit in no particular order.

Our first Swiss Christmas

The Zurich Christmas Market

 Trip to Zermatt, Switzerland

Showing my parents around our little town of Lutry

Discovering the chocolate-coated marshmallows at the Montreaux Christmas Market

Quality time with Mama Bear

 Just being together and making memories <3

 I really enjoyed every last minute of our time together. The sight seeing, the home-cooked dinners, the holiday spirit, the shopping, playing video games, watching movies/youtube videos, sharing laughs...all of it was perfect. Can't wait for a future visit from them!! Love you Mama Bear & Papa Bear! This is not goodbye...just see you later! <3

1 comment: