Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 FAVOURITES (Part Four) - Movies

 I actually didn't see too many movies in theater during the year so my review will be limited. But of the films I did see, here are the ones that I enjoyed most. I won't go into too much detail about the movies because I don't want to spoil them for you if you haven't seen them yet.

Toy Story 3

I laughed, I cried and laughed some more. I loved the original Toy Story movie but I think this one tops it! Maybe it's because I'm older and I can relate to the whole "growing up" thing - even though I refuse to ever really grow up. I thought it was really well done and a great film for the whole family!






Tangled

I absolutely LOVE this movie! Beauty and the Beast is still my all time favourite Disney movie but this one quickly moved into my top five! The storyline, the animation, the music...loved every minute of it! I watched  it twice in a row, that's how much I loved it! And I can't stop singing the song "I See The Light". Loved that scene the most!!





  Inception

Quite possibly the most anticipated movie of the year and it definitely came through for me! The cast was phenomenal. The premise was complex and requires viewer concentration but it's not confusing if you give it your full attention. I'm into the kind of films that make you think and don't just hand you the plot on a silver platter. It was a brilliant film packed with action. In my opinion, one of the best movies of the year!





Alice in Wonderland

I'm starting to believe that Tim Burton is incapable of making a bad movie. This wasn't my favourite of his films nor was it my favourite Alice in Wonderland interpretation, but I still enjoyed it. The characters are visually striking, and the CG animation work is very whimsical and brilliantly twisted.







Predators

A startlingly good comeback for a franchise nearly spoiled for good with the horrendous "Alien vs. Predator" films. It doesn't top the original, but it succeeded in beating out the other sequels. It's starts off intense with Adrien Brody's character waking up in mid free-fall and this sets the tone for the entire movie. Fast-paced and packed full of action.




There were several movies I wanted to see but didn't get a chance to, like the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, How To Train Your Dragon and the Social Network to name a few. I'll have to check them out on DVD I suppose.

I can say with certainty that the worst movie of the year was the Last Airbender - I watched it on the plane to Switzerland and didn't even make it to the end. Horrible acting + mind-numbing dialogue = torture. Don't waste your time on this movie.

What were your favourite films of 2010? Please list them below!

1 comment: