Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Staying Happy & Healthy

 Random Updates:

I am one jean size away from being the size I was in high school! WHOO HOO!! All you ladies out there know how much of an accomplishment this is! I graduated from high school ten years ago (which is hard for myself to believe) and I was actually at my slimmest back then. So getting back to that size feels AMAZING! I actually enjoy trying on clothes again and wearing trendy outfits like skinny jeans and cute tops as opposed to comfy pants and t-shirts all the time. And the best part is, I now have the confidence that I didn't have at this same size ten years ago! Eating healthy and exercise really is the key. As much as I love to eat and hate to exercise - our new environment has forced me to eat healthier and exercise more. The result: I am happier, healthier and more confident. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm "all that" but I definitely have a new found love for myself.

In unrelated news....Jared and I hosted an American couple for a few days who had just moved here to Switzerland and they were in the process of securing an apartment. We hit it off instantly with Julia and Morgan! They are very sweet and we have quite a bit in common so I'm certain we will be sharing some wonderful adventures with them in the future! YAY for awesome new friends! :)

Other exciting news...Jared has had continued success at his work. He has been involved in some challenging chemistry but God has given him the wisdom to solve each problem as it arises and he seems very excited about what he is doing. I'm so proud of all his hard work and determination.

More exciting news...we have a few friends and family already planning to come visit us this year! My brother and sister-in-law are coming in the summer, one of my best friends is coming in the fall and another friend is still working out the details! :) I cannot wait to share Switzerland with them!

We have been living here for 3 months now and despite some of the initial challenges and the continued struggles with the language I can honestly say I am content here. Of course I miss all of my friends and family back home, but I feel like this experience has already taught me so much and I have developed a greater appreciation for so many things. I've been given the opportunity to slow down and really take life in and focus on what is most important. It's amazing what you can see when you look at life from a new perspective!

Hope you all are staying happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment