Thursday, February 3, 2011

Things I Love: Relaxing by Candlelight

Everyone has their own way of relaxing when life becomes stressful. I like to relax by lighting candles and enjoying a bubble bath. The combination of the two provides an instant calming effect on me. I like to put on soothing, often instrumental music as well. It helps to sort of rejuvenate my body and mind. I definitely recommend you try it on those days when life gets overwhelming. Taking care of yourself sometimes means taking some time out FOR yourself.

Here are a few of my favourite candle scents. I could have gone on for days but I kept it to five. ;)

Sun and Sand - Yankee Candle 
I've had just as many (if not more) guys comment on how good this one smells! It has that smell of a tropical vacation. Not so much like tanning lotion, but just open air and sunshine.


Frosted Cupcake - Bath & Body Works
This smells ridiculously delicious! I have to remind myself it is a candle sometimes! ;) *enhales deeply*


Glistening Snow - Glade
Unique scent...very subtle and VERY good! It smells just how I imagine a home should smell in the winter...a mix of pine,cinnamon, lavender and tangerine. This is a definite favourite amongst friends.



Clean Linen - Glade
It literally smells like clean clothes. So fresh. So good. I love the plug in of this scent. It fills the whole house with the illusion that you have been doing laundry all day! :)


Lavender Vanilla Aromatherapy Collection - B&B
Very soothing scent. Soft and relaxing. PERFECT for bubble baths! :)

I'm always amazed at just how much candles can smell exactly like the thing they are emulating. Some of them smell good enough to eat! :) What are your favourite candle scents? What do you do to help you relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment