Monday, March 14, 2011

My Mom: My Encourager

I strive to stay optimistic. I want to be an encourager and lift others spirits. There is a lot of negativity in the world but if you're anything like me then you feel a great desire to spread hope and joy in the lives of everyone you meet. But to be an encourager you must also have someone who encourages you.

My Mom is my encourager. I can be facing the most difficult of situations and she is there with words of love and wisdom to help me get through even the toughest of days. She offers inspiration when I need it most. I always feel more prepared to take on any task with new courage and strength after I have talked to her. Her advice has never failed me. And I believe the reason for that is because she always turns to the scriptures and seeks what God has to say about any specific situation first. Now I don't mean she stops mid sentence and starts looking up verses but she has them stored in her heart and can quote them to me in my time of need. I admire this about her. I am still growing in my own relationship with the Lord but I hope that one day I can be a wise encourager like my Mom.

Today is her birthday and it really got me thinking about how much I not only love and appreciate her but how much I admire her. We didn't always have a close relationship like we have now - the teenage years strike us all and I had my moments of teenage rebellion. But I am so thankful that we can now enjoy a sincere friendship and loving relationship that for years I made impossible due to my own immaturity and lack of respect. There have been days where I was down right ungrateful for her. But I hope she now knows how much I need and enjoy her in my life. She inspires me to be a better wife, daughter, friend and Christian.

Happy Birthday Mama Bear! I love you to infinity and beyond!

Mama Bear and I on my wedding day

Enjoying our mixed drinks on the cruise

standing in front of Lake Geneva together

No comments:

Post a Comment