Friday, April 1, 2011

Sweet Spring Time

Jared and I have amazing friends. Seriously. Amazing. I received a card today from our friends John and Erin and was brought to tears by the contents of the card. They had not only taken the time to write heartfelt words of sympathy for the loss of my Grandpa but also shared that they had donated to the Alzheimer's Association in honour of him. I can't even put into words how thankful I am for their friendship. They are so thoughtful and generous! I definitely did not expect any sort of acknowledgment like this from any of our friends but it certainly was so meaningful! I will definitely try and follow their example in the future with our friends because I now know how important of an impact it can make for a person on the receiving end!

We have received lots of kind and thoughtful words from so many of our friends in the last few weeks and I was reminded again today just how lucky we are to have such amazing people in our lives. We love you all!

In completely unrelated news. Jared and I went on the hunt for some flowers to put on our balcony today. Everywhere you go and everywhere you look there are flowers here. The Swiss love to have flowers on their window sills, porches, walkways, etc. There aren't many houses here that aren't adorned with some sort of greenery or flowers. So we wanted to find something for our outdoor space too! :)

The flower shop near our apartment is very tiny so the selection was small but we ended up taking home two pots of  orange Begonias. They had several other colors but these stood out most. I think they are really pretty and they look lovely on our balcony. Hoping to add a few more flowers in the future. We have a large ledge that can fit quite a few. Maybe have one or two flower boxes someday? Who knows. For now, I am loving the new additions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment