Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Switzerland Tulip Festival

Last weekend I stumbled upon one of Switzerland's most beautiful traditions. After reading about the Switzerland Tulip Festival online I talked Jared into making a day trip out of it with me! :) The Tulip Festival in Morges is only about a 10 minute train ride from our apartment and well worth the trip! I have never seen so many rows of tulips in all of my life! Every color and shape you could imagine and everywhere you looked were flowers. The park where the Festival is held was pristine. It had pathways that went beneath canopies of trees, you could walk right by the lake and enjoy a grand view of the Alps as well as countless flower beds all of which were made up of different combinations of tulips and other flowers. It was so colorful and enchanting. There were also lots of families and couples enjoying picnics on the grass amongst the flowers. It was like walking through a painting! A definite must-see for anyone visiting Switzerland in the spring!

Here are a few of the photos I captured from the day. Hope you enjoy! :)






 

All images are copyrighted. I take photo theft seriously which is why my images are watermarked. Please do not steal my work. Images can soon be purchased on my website at www.behindalens.com Contact me for more info. on how to purchase prints or obtain permission for commercial use.

No comments:

Post a Comment