Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mama Bear Day!

If you have a faithful mother, there is nowhere you go that a prayer has not already been. 

I'm thankful for my mom who has loved and prayed for me all these years. Her love is the fuel that has brought me to this moment and continues to keep me going. Nothing I could give her could ever compare to her gift to me - life. She is wonderful beyond words and I'm so thankful God chose her to be my Mom. I love you Mama Bear! <3


In honor of her I thought I would share a few memories I have of my Mom from over the years.

My mom's patience with me began before I was even born...I was born two weeks past my due date.

She was my protector from the start....the nurse accidentally brought her the wrong baby in the hospital and my Mom knew instantly by the cry that this baby was not her daughter. Sure enough, the nurse had made a big mix up and from that moment on, my Mom made sure I was in her sight at all times during the rest of the hospital stay. I shutter to think how my life may have turned out had I been switched at birth. I can't imagine life without my Mom and family!

My Mom often laughs at how I was sleeping through the night after being only a month old. Once I became a toddler I would actually remind my parents of when my bedtime was. I was never that child who put up a fight for bedtime. To this day I love my sleep and I am a deep sleeper. Some habits never change.

When I was about 10 or 12 years-old I wanted to ride my bike to a friend's house who lived a couple blocks away. My mom refused to let me ride my bike that distance by myself so she followed behind me in the family van. I was so angry with her at the time, but now I see how she loved me too much not to care and try to protect me. As an adult I can see how a sketchy corner bar and country roads is not the safest route for a vulnerable little girl on her bike. But at the time, I thought she was just being overprotective. I'm thankful she has always done what was best for me even when I didn't understand or agree with her at the time. The saying is true..."Mother's know best."

The first night I met my husband was on our family cruise and my Mom and I were talking about the "date" I was going on later that evening which was to a dinner show on the ship. I made some comment about ideas for what we could do after the show, like dancing, walking the ship, etc. and my Mom, enthusiastically and with all sincerity suggests: "How about bring some UNO cards?!" We still laugh to this day about how funny it would have been for me to magically bust out some UNO cards on our first date, like it was one of my everyday hobbies! HAHA! I love her innocent heart.

I've always been amazed and proud of how much my Mom has done and accomplished. She is up before the sun and every moment she is awake she is giving of herself. Whether it is managing her own household, taking care of her elderly parents, giving in various ways at her church or in the community. She has taught me how rewarding it is to give. I admire her for her servant heart.

I love my Mom for so many reasons and have so many wonderful memories with her. These are just a few. I have learned so much about life and love from her and hope to pass on her greatness in my own children someday.


In honour of all the mothers out there I want to share a few heartfelt quotes for these often unsung heroes.

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." -Abraham Lincoln

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love."  -Mildred B. Vermont

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
-William Goldsmith Brown

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."  -Tenneva Jordan

"The moment a child is brought to life, the mother is also brought to life. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." -Unknown

"It kills you to see your children grow up.  But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't."  ~Barbara Kingsolver

"Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children."  -Sam Levenson 


Hope you enjoyed these mom-inspired quotes. My love and appreciation goes out to all the Moms in the world! Have a blessed day everyday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment