Since there is no enchilada sauce to be found, I started making my own so we could still enjoy this delicious dish. So I thought for those who might be interested you could try out this recipe for yourself and let me know if you like it.
Enchilada Sauce Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the onion, oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, salsa and tomato sauce.
- Mix together and then stir in the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Easy Enchilada Recipe:
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1lb. ground beef
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 8oz. package of sour cream
- 1 package of shredded monterey jack cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Enchilada sauce (equivalent of 1 can)
- Brown the ground beef in large skillet until thoroughly cooked.
- Add half of the enchilada sauce and can of diced tomatoes with green chiles to the beef and heat stirring occasionally.
- Spread a moderate amount of cream cheese onto only one side of each tortilla so that it is a fairly thin layer.
- Spoon in beef mixture on top of the cream cheese then roll the tortilla like a burrito and place it in a baking dish. Continue with the remaining tortillas and place them side by side in the baking dish.
- Top them with the remaining enchilada sauce and then layer with desired amount of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.
It's that simple! This is one of our favourite at-home meals. It's so easy and delicious!
Happy Cooking! :)