Monday, December 12, 2011

Weakness Is Our Strength


There are a lot of people who think I'm a strong person. But I am NOT. I am a very weak person with a very strong God. I've been through my share of struggles in my life, but in those times where I think I don't even have strength for the day, I turn to The One who is the source of strength and ask if He would let me borrow a little. In my weakness, I am pushed up against God and He steadfastly reveals that His promises are true...  "God said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor 12.9-10) "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)


I am not ashamed to say that I am weak and that I need a Saviour. I don't have it altogether, it's God that has it all together and pours out His grace on me which I so desperately need daily. Life can be overwhelming and people can often be discouraging but we shouldn't let the weight of the world intimidate us because God has already overcome the world so that in Him we can have peace. (John 16:33)  Whether we are dealing with a disgruntled co-worker or someone with a difficult personality, or experiencing financial woes or a life-altering health concern, whatever hardship we are facing, know that God will help us through it by providing us with the necessary resources. All we have to do is trust in Him.


"For we do not have a king who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who has been tempted in every way, just as we are — yet He did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:15-16)



No comments:

Post a Comment