Friday, January 27, 2012

Anniversary Cruise - Part VI

I apologize to my faithful blog readers that these cruise posts have been so sporadic. We've done some traveling in between, had a few stressful events occur and I have been lacking motivation to update my blog. If you missed my previous blog posts about our cruise you can view those: HERE.

I wanted to briefly share about the remainder of our cruise. We made stops in Athens, Rhodes, Olympia, and Corfu, Greece and then ended our travels in Venice, Italy. To be honest, I wasn't impressed with Rhodes, Olympia or Corfu Greece. I really don't have a lot of photos to share from those stops and don't really recommend making stops at any of these places. There are much more exciting and beautiful parts of Greece to explore. Athens, however is worth sharing about. The Acropilis and Temple of Zeus were two very impressive ruin sites. The size of these ancient ruins are so impressive especially given they were built long before modern tools.

Temple of Zeus

Temple of Zeus from on top of the Acropolis

Theater of Dyonisis

Jared and I in front of the Theater of Dyonisis

Acropolis in Athens

Acropolis in Athens

We also enjoyed the changing of the guard ceremony at the parliament building in Athens. It reminded me of that Monty Python skit "Ministry Of The Silly Walks". We were cracking up for days over it but the Greek definitely take it very seriously.

Video I took of the changing of the guards in Athens


Monty Python Ministry Of The Silly Walks for comparison :)

One more city to cover...Venice, Italy...which I'll have to save for next time because my bed is calling me. The last few weeks have left me exhausted. I'll try to post the "series finale" tomorrow sometime. Thanks for being patient! Hope you're all doing well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment