Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Skiing In The Swiss Alps

As I mentioned in a previous post, my friend Emily came to visit us recently and we got to see lots of new places and enjoy some awesome new experiences with her. The highlight of our time together was probably skiing in The Alps. It was my first time ever skiing so it was more like falling than it was skiing, but wow did we have an awesome view! Jared and I had been to the quaint snowy town of Zermatt, Switzerland once before when my parents were here but it was very cloudy that day. This trip we had perfect weather not only for skiing, but for seeing the infamous Matterhorn...the most popular peak in Europe. You better believe I took LOTS of pictures! :) Here are just a few of my favourites....

Zermatt, Switzerland

The mighty Matterhorn up close and personal! :)

Jared and I skiing & snowboarding in the Swiss Alps near the Matterhorn
That is the slope behind us...it was so steep and scary...but beautiful! :)

Jared and I in front of The Matterhorn

Me & The Matterhorn :)

Right before hitting the slopes!

Em in front of The Matterhorn


Jared and I on the streets of Zermatt with the Matterhorn as our backdrop

One of the many gorgeous views of the town of Zermatt

Zermatt Cathedral

Zermatt at night

Enjoying a pint at the local pub after a full day of skiing


Cute little bakery in Zermatt, Switzerland

Cluster of chalets in Zermatt, Switzerland

Enjoying the views!

Zermatt is definitely one of our favourite spots in Switzerland. It was nice to have a mini-vacation from everyday life here.We enjoyed lots of laughs and made a lifetime of memories. Lots more to share with you from our adventures with Emily! I still have tons of photos to go through from our travels so keep checking back for those! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment