Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Helpful Hubby

So the 'World's Greatest Husband Ever Award' goes to my husband this week. Sorry to all you wives out there...but the trophy is taken! I was out of town all last week for various volunteer and work related reasons and when I returned home I found that my husband had done every last bit of laundry, folded it and put it away, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, had the bed all made up, cleaned the litter box, emptied the trash and had even begun organizing and packing for our upcoming move. And it gets even more remarkable....he did it all without being asked! He is always really good about helping out around the house but this exceeded my expectations. It was so nice to come home to a clean place. Instant stress reliever. I'm so thankful for such a thoughtful husband who seems to always surprise me with simple acts of kindness and creative ways of showing me how much he loves me. Whether it's a quick email from work saying he is thinking of me, or what I like to call "no reason roses" when he buys me flowers when there is no special occasion for them, or by doing spontaneous cleaning so that life for me that week is a little less stressful and little more happy. It's the little things that make a HUGE difference sometimes. And he certainly had a huge role in making my week start off great!

Wives - don't forget to shower your hubby with thanks after he does something wonderful like this. He is more likely to do it again in the future if you show him how much you appreciated it. And might I suggest that you do something a little extraordinary for him this week, something that will make his life easier and his week a little brighter - and do it without being asked. You have to give love to get love and if you ask me, the giving is the best part, especially when you do something nice without expecting anything in return and then you actually get a huge smile and maybe a hug and kiss in return! :) Smiles are the hearts greatest reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment