Thursday, July 15, 2010

'Things I Love Thursdays': Antique Shops

Antique shops are to me what a candy store is to a child. You never know what kind of treasures you will find inside antique stores and there is no two shops that are alike. I love all things vintage. I have always had an appreciation for classic charm and I believe this was sparked by stories and photos my grandmothers would share with me. I'm definitely an old soul at heart.

I found my(now OUR) bedroom furniture which includes a tall dresser, headboard and bed frame along with a vanity as a matching set at an antique shop several years ago. The vanity is definitely my favourite piece. I was inspired to look for a vintage vanity because of a photograph I saw of my Nana getting ready in front of a vanity mirror shortly after she was married. She looked so beautiful, so classic and a part of me wanted to be just like her. I wish I had a copy of that photo to share with you. Instead, here are a few photos of my antique bedroom furniture that I love so much! :)


Here are some antique shop finds from other vintage lovers...


1. the illusive swan
2. directory of york
3. ultraviolence
4. jewelparadise
5. alfiesantiquemarket
6. fensterbme
7. kerryball
8. boopsiedaisy

No comments:

Post a Comment