Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Graduate

It's official...my husband is now Dr. Panda!! :) After 5 long, arduous years of chemistry grad school, he finished strong! He worked so incredibly hard for this and I couldn't be more proud of him! His Advisor, colleagues, family and friends will all tell you that Jared is a brilliant chemist and amazing man but he is also a very humble man who doesn't take himself too seriously. (which is what I love about him!) Prime example was today when he was being his goofy self, I started laughing and he said "The University of Illinois gave this big dork a PhD...what does that say about them?" He deserves his title and earned his success but he will not brag on himself or take himself too seriously. In fact, he didn't even tell me that he was one of the top 10 chemistry grad students in the world...when I found out I was shocked and asked him why he didn't tell me and told him that it was something you should tell your wife! He said he just doesn't like to make a big deal about himself. I had to hear from his co-workers how big of a deal some of his awards have been. Which his humbleness obviously makes me even more proud of him! OK, I'm done gushing over my husband now. I'm just so excited for him and proud to be his wife! :)

Congratulations, my darling! I love you to the moon and back!

 Jared being hooded at his graduation ceremony
Jared with some of his research papers


Tonight....we celebrate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment