Friday, September 24, 2010

Feature Friday: This Is It

Well, it's the weekend before our big move! All of our preparation has lead us to this point. And let me tell you, there is ALOT one must do in order to move to Switzerland from the U.S. But ready or not....here we go!!

We have pretty much everything in order and are as ready as we'll ever be. I'll breathe a giant sigh of relief once we finally do arrive and get settled in. The trip over there is going to be interesting...we've never flown with our cats before and I have no idea what to expect as far as how they will do traveling and how difficult it will be managing them AND managing our luggage. We are only taking four bags between the two of us. Doesn't seem like much when you consider we will be living there for the next TWO YEARS! But that's all we can take because the cats will be like having 6 bags. That's a lot to manage for an overseas trip for two people. I'm sure I'll look like a crazy cat lady dragging our cats through the airport and the train station. It's an 8 1/2 our flight to Zurich where we will be staying overnight. Then we take the two hour train ride from Zurich to Lausanne where we will be living. I'm not sure how long it will take for us to get internet access over there so you may not hear from me for awhile....

In the days leading up to now we have enjoyed lots of you. Our days have been filled with so many wonderful people. We have been blessed with loving and supportive friends and family - all of whom we are going to miss like crazy!! We spent this past weekend with Jared's side of the family and when it was time for us to say goodbye, I started crying. I am a HUGE family person and Jared and I are both very close to our families so this is going to be hard in that respect. But I am just thankful to be surrounded by such kind souls that I love enough to miss when we're apart! And I'm also grateful for technology that can keep us connected no matter how far away we are. Many have promised to visit us during our time in Switzerland and all of you are more than welcome if you are able to make the journey! My Mom and Dad are planning to visit before the year ends so we're definitely excited about that!

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and Jared and I both know that we are blessed to be able to share this together. I have had a few anxious moments but overall I am just so excited to start the next chapter in our lives as husband and wife. I never imagined that the setting for our next chapter would be in Switzerland but God has a way of endlessly amazing me! He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment