Monday, September 27, 2010

Mental Vitamins: The Power Of Prayer

 I'm taking a short break from the Extraordinary Women Series that I've been blogging about weekly because today is our last day in the U.S. Tomorrow we move to Switzerland and will be there for the next TWO YEARS! I'm not anxious about the trip over there what I AM anxious about is the fact that we are STILL WAITING to get confirmation about our apartment. Last we heard from the landlord we had to submit a renter's application with our background information. We thought that would be enough to secure a contract. Well....here we are a day before our move and we still have not heard back from them. Not being able to speak French is certainly been a barrier for us already. Our friend, Yolene, who speaks fluent French, attempted to call today to get some firm answers but with the time difference - they had all gone home and there was no one in the office to speak to. So she is going to help us by calling again tomorrow during office hours to try and iron out the details about this apartment. Because as of right now....we have no place to live. We will be living in a hotel room until we get the apartment situation sorted out. Are we frustrated and feeling the stress? Yes! But God says: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philipians 4:6) I'm trying to not get anxious and to lean on His word and know that "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me." (Psalm 138:8)
My Lord is working on me, is perfecting everything that concerns me; even when I cant see it, even when I don't feel it, He is causing all things to work together for my good, working to transform me into Leah- whole, perfect and complete...
He is stretching my faith. Teaching me patience and how to trust. I've always had an issue with trust because people consistently disappoint, but God has never failed or disappointed - and right now I am putting all the trust I have in Him. He will take care of us. Of that I am certain.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)  My hope and my future is in the Lord.

UPDATE:
Right after I finished writing this blog, just before I hit "publish post" we got an email from the landlord and the apartment is OURS!!! Talk about PROOF of God's promises! We are so thankful for God's endless love and grace! He listens to our heart's desires and truly does perfect that which concerns us. Prayer works! All we have to do is trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment