Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Patricia Rose

Feeling far away today.

My cousin Trisha was killed in a car accident over the weekend and her funeral is today. She was only 31-years-old. I want to be there with the rest of the family, I want to feel the comfort of their love and understanding in person...through hugs, by holding their hands and sharing their tears. I am grieving the loss more than I could have anticipated. We were close growing up and as adults the distance made our visits less frequent, but I always cherished those memories. Her laugh, her smile, the way she would say "Uncle Dominick" after my Dad would tease her, how she could let out a belch that would put any man's to shame and could do it on cue and her sense of humor would leave your stomach hurting from laughing so hard. She was impossible not to love and everyone who knew her knows that. She had a way of always making me smile.

Love you Trish. Thanks for all the smiles! I'm going to miss yours.


The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  
1 Corinthians 15:42-57

No comments:

Post a Comment