Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New News

Jared and I have been working on our French more lately. We've been doing the beginner level of Rosetta Stone together each night, we try to practice by speaking to each other and in social situations, reading the local paper and doing small things like writing our grocery list in french to try and use the language more. It's coming along but slowly. I'm proud of our efforts though.

Jared has been having steady success at work as well. He's been working very hard and his hard work is starting to shine. His boss, Michael Grätzel, expressed his excitement towards Jared's results and talked as though he would be publishing soon. It's hard to say what "soon" is in the Chemistry world but it's still promising news. I'm a very proud wife as always.

When Jared's at work I continue to keep myself busy with volunteer work for both of the non-profit organizations I oversee. I'm excited to see how God is working and I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than myself.

When I'm not doing that, I'm enjoying the gorgeous weather and views and several good books. I'm close to finishing one of the books I'm currently reading which is Unplanned by Abby Johnson and I am blown away by her powerful story. I can't remember the last time a book made me tearful and at the same time so hopeful and inspired. If you haven't read this book yet, I definitely recommend you do.

I also have been enjoying trying new recipes out for dinner and Jared and I have started having a lunch date once a week together. We used to have lunch together frequently when we worked across the street from each other in Illinois so I'm glad we're able to break up the week and find a way to see each other more during the week here.

I still get struck with extreme homesickness now and then. Today I really felt the distance between my family and I but am SO thankful for technology that shrinks that distance a bit. I cannot and do not want to imagine what living this far from family would be like without the ability to stay connected like we can! I look forward to the next time I can be with everyone. I love and miss you all tremendously!

Hope that you are all staying happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment